15241 TODAY talk with Jim and Lanny On Stage
Taking USC Township by storm, the interviews conducted by co-hosts Jim Render and Lanny Frattare are winning the hearts of viewers.
If you’ve not yet seen these light hearted half-hour conversations on USC’s TV stations (Cable 7 or Verizon 42), you can choose to watch them digitally through the links shown below, visit the Township website, choosing videos gallery under “Life in USC,” or visit the School’s District’s athletic website, where the links are also shared.
These talk shows will whet your appetite to learn more about the many interesting guests (shown in order of appearance) who have already appeared on the show.
Jim Render: In the long history of the Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League (WPIAL) Jim is the only football coach to win over 400 games. He served USC as the head football coach for 40 years. In this two-part series, he discusses his distinguished career with broadcast co-host Lanny Frattare.
https://vimeo.com/336592859 Part 1
https://vimeo.com/338274316 Part 2
Police Chiefs Jonathan Wharton and Sean Bryson: Both men are graduates of Upper St. Clair High School, both were proud member of the USC football team, and both have careers that have seen them rise to chiefs in law enforcement. Jon is the chief of police for Upper St. Clair Township and Sean is the chief of security for the Upper St. Clair School District.
Steve Blass: Just recently retired from the Pirates organization after a long and successful career as both a player and color commentator on radio and TV.
Kent Tekulve: As a pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates, he developed one of the most unique deliveries in baseball history. It served him all the way to being a World Series winning pitcher and Pittsburgh legend and hero.
Jerry Berteotti: How many men have been a winning quarterback on a WPIAL championship team and later served as a coach on the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team?
Lanny Frattare: Not only did he replace the legendary Pirates broadcaster Bob Prince, but he served as the voice of the Pirates baseball club longer than Mr. Prince or any other announcer and is co-host of 15241 TODAY talk “On Stage with Jim and Lanny.”
· Phil Newcamp: As the head golf professional at St. Clair Country Club for 40 years, he personified the term “a Pro’s Pro.”
· Dr. Kevin Deitrick: No man works longer hours, generates more enthusiasm, nor takes more pride in his department than does the Upper St. Clair High School athletic director.
· The Honorable D. Michael Fisher: This intelligent and highly respected judge has served his community, his state, and his country with extreme honor and dignity.
· Grant Jackson: He started out as an outstanding Ohio high school football player, but his arm strength led him to fame and glory as a Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher.
· Suzie McConnell-Serio: This Gold Medal Olympian is one of the most decorated female athletes in the history of our region, as well as the entire USA basketball world!
· Sean Casey: His ability to hit a baseball at the major league level is matched only by his ability to be an ambassador for the sport and his enthusiasm for helping children with special needs. The first man to hit a home run in Pittsburgh’s PNC Park.
· Pat Palazzolo: This USCHS teacher is a leader in many areas of academia, most notably as an original member of NASA’s Teacher in Space program.
· Eddie Johnston: A National Hockey League legend and Pittsburgh Penguins player and coach who has amazing stories about a lifetime in the world of hockey!
· Danny Holzer: One of the most respected coaches in the history of WPIAL basketball. The USC coach for a quarter century is a certain future Hall of Famer!
· District Magistrate Judge Ronald Arnoni: Our local district magistrate loves his job and is making a big difference in the lives of young people both in his courtroom and in their personal growth.
· Gene Steratore: He has climbed to the top of his profession as a NCAA basketball official, a Super Bowl NFL referee, and a CBS national television replay analyst.
· Angela Petersen: There is no other person in Upper St. Clair who has given more of her time and talents in service to the students and residents of USC.
· Jim Leyland: There are very few men on earth who can say they were a winning manager of a World Series championship team.
· Dave Schraven: Head swim coach of Upper St. Clair High School and Pittsburgh Elite Aquatics (PEAQ) swim club, Dave discusses “everything swimming,” including the new high school pool, the swim team and age group program, and his stellar road to get here.
· Missie Berteotti: How many young USC women win multiple WPIAL and PIAA championships in golf, play on the LPGA tour, and become friends and golf partners with Arnold Palmer? Just one!
· Superintendent Dr. John Rozzo: A young dynamic educator who has climbed the ranks to become the superintendent of the prestigious award-winning Upper St. Clair School District!
· Terry Kushner: An educator’s educator. He gave a total of 23 years to the Upper St. Clair School District as a principal at the high school and a central office administrator. He played a key role and was a major reason why the District earned Excellent in Educator awards from the federal government.
· Jerry Malarkey: He has served Upper St. Clair High School for 43 years as a teacher, guidance counselor, and very successful head baseball coach.
· Tim O’Malley: He has guided the WPIAL for 14 years as its executive director. After overseeing much success in the growth of men’s and woman’s sports in western Pennsylvania, he will retire in June 2020.
UPPER ST. CLAIR TODAY magazine is proud to announce a new collaboration with the Township of Upper St. Clair, Upper St. Clair School District, and USC Public Access Cable called 15241 TODAY Talk. Video segments on topics that matter to you will be posted on this page.
If you find these videos helpful, please share 15241.TODAY with your friends and neighbors. Thank you!